Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:33 pm 

Attachment:
Aviation Products tie down 002.JPG
Aviation Products tie down 002.JPG [ 383.01 KiB | Viewed 3912 times ]
Attachment:
Aviation Products tie down 001.JPG
Aviation Products tie down 001.JPG [ 397.47 KiB | Viewed 3912 times ]
Mr. Wonderful here again ! Ran across an interesting steering arm looking thru "Fly Boy Accessories ." It was a steering arm that looks like ours , but with a built in tie down ring . Only problem is it fits a 7/8" shaft and ours is 3/4" . Called Karen at AP and she mentioned that they began production sometime back on a tie down fitting to fit on top of the steering arm , but never listed it on their product page ? I asked her to send me one and attached is the pic of the installed fitting . Sure beats wrapping the tie down chain around the wheel assembly ! I like the separate fitting anywho as it is less likely to bugger up the steering arm if it was all one unit .

I know some of you really cheap SOB's will say..."I can make that for next to nothing !" OR you can call Karen and ask her to send you one already to install . Right now she has the "bent up" type and a straight unit with no bend . These are CAD plated which she can no longer do in Uncle Jerry's wonderland ! She said she would send some to the chrome plating guy so it would match the current chrome steering arm . Because I think you guys are such a treat to be around , I made a special deal with Karen at AP .

They were originally going to list the fitting for $19.00 + shipping , but I used all the magic I had left to get the price down to $10.00 + $5.75 for shipping . The rest is up to you . Call Karen at Aviation Products (805) 646-6042 and tell her you want one of the Rich Brazell fittings . It may take longer to get the chrome unit .

Regards,

Mr. Wonderful

Profile Personal album  

jrevens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm 

What... you need extra weight in the tail, and you're willing to pay for it? I'd rather tie the tail with the soft ropes I always carry in the airplane. ::)

T-18 N71JE (sold)
Kitfox 7 SS N27JE

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm 

Well...we can attach the fitting to your toe and use all that line you carry to attach you to a tree ! ???

Profile Personal album