Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
dan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 pm 

Glad to have you Jon!!! We will be here, southwest corner of the field at the EAA park, we will park the planes on the grass................Dan

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 pm 

Jon: Good to hear you will be at KVIS . Looking forward to discussing our flight West bound from OSH . It was a butt kicker ! ???

RB O:-)

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:05 am 

Sorry bout that Jon, its the south EAST corner of the field, where am I anyway? Dan

Magiver2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 pm 

The Gods have smiled and my wifes sister wanted to attend the reunion down south wich means I don't have to go. That said, I will drive the 40 miles south to attend. I am really looking forward to the event.
Phil

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 pm 

Dan: If you can work it I would the temps at KVIS to be in the low 80's , slight breeze out of the NW and the humidity around 20% ! 8) Just kidding ! Last year was about perfect with the shade, the breeze and endless Jock U Lair a Tee ! I hope the sprinklers will be turned off ? It did not affect me , but others got a good bath ! ::)

Profile Personal album  

Bill Williams
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Rich, another story on sprinklers. Several years ago five helicopters landed on a swank golf course in Sarasota with the Vice President. When it came time to leave, and all persons on board ,the sprinklers came on. Needless to say the turbines got flooded.

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:59 pm 

Bill : At least maintenance control can sign off a "D" check wash job ! When ever possible we would taxi the C9-B thru the P-3 wash rack (Atsugi Japan , Pt. Magu and Moffet) and sign off the wash job ! What a shower ! ::)

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm 

Glad to hear your going to make it Phil, just drive on in. Rich, the weather should be in the mid 90s. That breeze will be there it almost always is, I will have to work on the humidity,can't remember what I ordered for the weekend....Dan

Tony Ginn
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 am 

Hello Dan,

I'm looking forward to another great KVIS gathering. That is one talented family and crew you have there.

I'll be the only one representing the family. Ma & Pa were hoping to make it but couldn't get out of a commitment. My brother always has some lame excuse, like flying a 747 to Bejing. Sad to say I can't stay overnight Fri or Sat due to family activities. I should arrive Sat am as a 2-ship (with Brian Maisler) and we'll be departing in the late afternoon. Our plan is to haul in 2 other Thorp owners with us (Tom Jones and Tim Williams).

Cheers,
Tony

dan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am 

Glad to hear Tony, come on in. I believe this year we will be serving a dab of lunch and then having dinner in the early evening, of coarse it is Mexican food all over again this year the Girls are fast at work going over the Menu.......Best I can tell everyone enjoyed the Menu last year so the girls are hard at it, I fully intend on doing some sampling during the process just to make sure all is well, I know ,Iknow, its rough, but I will get through it.......I believe Frase and the guys are planning a little flying during the afternoon on Sat so we changed up a bit so we can fit a bunch of stuff into the day..........Glad your gonna make it...Dan

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm 

Dan: A "dap" of lunch and the usual Mexican food ? ??? You and the "Gals" put on the best feed bag in the Valley ! 8) John Kerr and I should be there around 1200 hours on Friday ?

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 pm 

Don't forget, the BBQ at Iras on Fri Night!!!!! We don't want anybody to get hungry or thirsty.............Dan

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 pm 

OH MY ! I have a fun meter and right now it is pegged ! 8) When I get there it will be off scale ! >:D

Profile Personal album  

James Grahn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 am 

Looking forward to it. As the morons in Vegas are trying hard to eliminate all GA flying, they put gas at 6.17 all over the valley! I intend to just put enough in to fly the hump and land at PTV since they appear to have the cheapest gas over there. Then I'll hop in to KVIS. I may bring a gas can as well!
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

Lou
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:38 am 

Anybody else camping? Trying to decide if I’m camping of day tripping.

Lou

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next