Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

david read
 Post subject: Re: Sun n Fun Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm 

I am surprised at the lack of input too. I have been mulling this over a bit, it seems like I often have different habits from the crowd. Perhaps that is why we built our own planes. I primarily go to see friends, other planes, new products, pick up supplies at a good price, and see what the vendors have to offer. It seemed like there were fewer vendors in attendance the last couple years. I would very much like to be able to get to the homebuilts all day, it is nice to be able to keep your chairs in the plane or look at something any time you want. On the other hand we must balance that against having careless folks sitting on or abusing our planes during the airshow, a complaint I sometimes hear at OSH. A lot of people obviously like the blue angels and thunderbirds but they really take over and take a huge chunk of time. I would gladly give them up to get closer to the flight line. It is not that big a deal but where we usually camp we also cannot access our campsite during their shows. I would think discounted admission has helped encourage pilots to fly in as well. The food on the field is pretty good. We usually camp as you know, there is not a lot of evening entertainment. There was a band or karaoke every night that seemed fairly active. Karen mentioned that although there is the ladies pavilion and some jewelry vendors there are not as many attractions for the ladies as she would like. I am not sure any of this is helpful, just some thoughts.