Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

KWK
 Post subject: T-18 project
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:07 pm 

An older gent in the local EAA chapter wishes to sell the T-18 parts he has assembled over the years. His ad on the local chapter's web site reads:
Quote:
Thorp T-18 project, most all materials to build, new Cleveland wheels, landing gear, two engines, complete plans, most hard to find aluminum stock. $7000 -- Al Lurie, 309-682-1674
While I'm not ready to commit to building a T-18, I did speak with him this evening. He said he has most of the aluminum, including the harder to find extrusions. He has complete plans as well as numerous printed articles for building the T-18. The plans include the wide fuselage and the folding wing; if I recall, he said he has some of the steel parts for the folding wing. One of the engines is an O-290 GPU. He also has a pile of O-290 cylinders and three home made bending brakes.

I haven't inspected any of this. He talked with Thorp at a Rockford EAA fly in, so the plans are likely ancient and may not be up to date on all necessary changes. The fellow doesn't own a computer, so you'll have to contact him by phone; I'm writing this as a favor. He mentioned on the phone he'd be willing to take under $5000 for the lot, but you'll have to verify that with him.

Karl