Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

jjfly
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:38 am 

I am sad to see her go so soon but I am undergoing an unforseen huge out of state move along with other changes at this moment and I cannot afford to keep her. An absolute gem. O-320 E2D 10:1 pistons ~167 hp, very fast Thorp, sips fuel, has the VGs and stall strips and I do think they help. I keep her on a 2800' strip with a grass strip of 1600' and have no problems on either. 986 empty weight, 1500 max gross, lithium battery, starts good, primer installed and works (2 pumps and fires up even in chilly weather), new oil cooler.
I will be up front about this: It IS missing some of its logs. That's the only negative. But, there are tons of them left and everything has been thoroughly gone over. Wing spars have been inspected. Engine has been gone through with a fine tooth comb and everyone who's ever looked at it has been highly impressed. Runs phenomenally well.
I will be away soon but if you want to come see her before the 26th I can show you. She's based at 10C Galt Airport. After that, my father who lives in the area but does not fly, can show you the plane.
Attachment:
20200913_110201_HDR.jpg
20200913_110201_HDR.jpg [ 3.55 MiB | Viewed 5690 times ]

Asking 34,900 but will take reasonable offers. Comes with Garmin 496, bags full of small tools and accessories, uavionix wingtip skybeacon ADS-B out, and a few other odds and ends like light, portable chocks and tie down loops and straps that pop-click into the bottom of the wing.
Basically it's the whole plane and a starter care-kit. Ask me for more pics, internet is weird and it takes me ages to upload them, it would be easier to e-mail them to you

Paint is perfect and interior is 9/10. I say this because it lacks bottom seat cushions--the originals were so hard and terrible (like sitting on sandstone) that the previous owner decided "to heck with them" and replaced them with nice soft rear-friendly cushions. Aside from that, the condition of the interior is near perfect.

And everything works!!!

Message me if interested. Jenn

leewwalton
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

this is a really good Thorp ... anyone interested in a good solid airplane .. this is one of them!

KEFD

Profile Personal album  

DEN61
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:29 pm 

Any one know if this bird is still for sale?
No contact infor.
I don't know Jenn.

jjfly
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:25 pm 

It was sold to a dude in the midwest back in June :)