Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:03 pm 

If I had to do it over while building I would put in the larger DR main tank . Electric roll and pitch are high on my list and both work as advertised and add next to nothing to the weight . Electric flaps ? Nice but not critical for me . If I did the weight for the servo probably matches the manual flap assembly weight ? ??? Removable floor is a good idea, just like adding the access cover for the fuel tank . I have the access cover , nut not the disappearing floor . ::) If flying EXTRA ALONG legs with extra fuel modifying the tunnel would be a good idea . An auto pilot with at least altitude hold is a kick ass fringe benefit ! :o To be able to fly hands off for extended periods of time with the AP on is something you need to see and try ! ;) Really reduces pilot fatigue ! Like I said in the last post...As much fresh cool air as you can stand from the extra vents . Well padded seats with some quality foam inserts . :P

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 am 

Outboard rudder cables - it eliminated the center tunnel in the foot well - my cables run through the bulkheads - there are delrun pass through fittings riveted to each bulkhead. They will wear - I wrapped the rudder cables in poly tubing to decrease the friction on the pass through fitting. So far so good. The only downside I see is plumbing any wing fuel (which I do not have) and having a place to mount a valve, but a creative mind should be able to solve that. Personally, I really like the "open space" in the foot well......and She Who Eye Wership gets to play mile high footsy....

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:35 pm 

You get those webbed feet near my perfectly formed appendages and your right webbed foot will be 6 inches shorter than your left ! :o Again a larger main DR tank would be my solution . ;)

RB O0
QUACK

Profile Personal album