Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
Hagle347
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm 

I was also able to get the cover fit between the forward and center tunnel.
the angle stock around the stick areas are for the 'shifter' covers I found on Ebay. They are black suede with red stiching and look sharp next to the new seats. The small rectangle opening on the forward tunnel if for the controller for my heated seats!

Profile Personal album  

flyingfool
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 am 

Wow heated seats. How much power draw for the heat? Is there heat for both seats, or only the pilot?

Living in WI, and having had a car with heated seats, I sure appreciate the feature. I guess I am getting pretty "soft" as I ahem....mature!

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am 

Both front seats are have the heat pads installed on the bottom and back. The controller is split so that you can run either side independent. Low setting draws 3 amps, 5 amps high. I'll let you know how well it works when it all gets connected and powered.

Profile Personal album  

Jeff J
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am 

I was just contemplating removing my remaining mag. I kept the one with the impulse coupler when I installed the E-Mag.

"The joke in aviation is, 'If you want to make a million, you'd better start with £10m.' " -Bruce Dickinson

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:12 pm 

Today officially starts 2 weeks of back to back Vacation- or in this case 'staycation'. Next week my oldest daughter gets married, but the balance of this week should be enough for me to get my electrical system completed. Over the weekend, I was able to get my electric elevator trim wired and functional. The wires for the electric aileron trim get installed in the morning. I also removed the vertical fin and rudder for primer. My paint got ordered this morning and should be in the shop by the end of the week. 3 Colors and clearcoat! The plan is to also get the instrument panel painted so that the final wiring can get done.
Other items on the list - Wheel pants fit, cowl fit, rivet aft tunnel and the list still continues for 29 more items..The only photo this time is the baggage compartment cover...

Profile Personal album  

fytrplt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm 

Evidently, Nate didn't set you back. Lookin good!

KLAL

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm 

More first world homebuilder issues... I pulled off the lycoming intake off my IO-320-C1A and replaced it with a Superior cold air induction system. Here's what I learn so far. If you do that you can't call and order a cross over exhaust system because it crosses over in front of the fuel injection servo. Additionally, the alternator tends to block some of the servo. I think I have that one solved by installing a B & C "BC425H" on the vacuum pad on the accessory drive. Oh, the BC410H is 5/8th of an inch longer and interferes with the landing gear ( ask me how I found this out over a beer sometime). For the last week, It's been 90% forward, some back tracking..but mostly forward. The panel was done...now there's an AD on the Ameri-king ELT I had planned to install. Of course, the hole in the panel is a different size and requires more work.
And my biggest pain is the private airport where I'm working is building us new T hangars. Good news, but the bad is that it looks like we will have move out prior to the new ones being constructed. My project may have to come home an live in the garage for a few months. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. That or a train is coming!
T

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 pm 

Okay, That was the negative. The positive is that all vertical fin, stab, and rudder are all primed. We got the outer wing panels through primer this past saturday. We are down to main wing and fuselage left to prime. I powered up the flap motor and ran the flaps up and down yesterday. All the flaps and ailerons are primed as well.

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:10 pm 

And I have the wing root fairings located. Now to put nut plates in the fuselage to hold them in place. No sheet metal screws here...

T

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 am 

I have finish paint on the panel and all the switches and fuse installed. Wiring on the back is 50% complete. The wire routing from the fuses to the switches is done- now we start connecting all the RS232 ports so that the boxes can talk to each other.

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:38 am 

Nice , clean set-up ! ;)

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Pilotjk
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm 

Very nice! Those modern instruments have left you with plenty of space to build a storage compartment into the panel

(KGNC)

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 am 

Was able to get my Grand Rapids Sport EX7 panel powered up today for the first time. Exciting stuff!

Profile Personal album  

Ryan Allen
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am 

That's the fun part right there (to me anyway). It looks sharp.

Profile Personal album  

Hagle347
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am 

I completed the pvc mock-up exhaust system . It’s now in the hands of fedex as it travels back to Fort Lauderdale to get converted to a real exhaust system.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next