Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

bfinney
 Post subject: Re: Inertia ring
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:12 am 

Dan,
What ignition system did you install?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

N18JF T-18C #262
Yelm, WA USA

Profile Personal album  

dan
 Post subject: Re: Inertia ring
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:40 am 

HI Bruce, I have followed the P-Mag information stream from the E-Mag Ignitions Company in Texas for just about 5years,they have had some ups and Downs in development but I always liked the concept that they were promoting and knew if they got It right their system would be Dynamite. Well, they done it, and it functions perfectly. The Install is crazy simple, the setup s the same way. What it boils down to is the unit is an electronic mag that generates its own juice. it can be ran in Mag mode with 25deg of advance, I use the next mode it has with 34 deg of advance and this is where the extra HP comes from and also the better fuel burn. It has a map sensor, this helps hang on to your HP at higher altitudes and this I have also noticed. There are some good systems out there and no doubt they all have some very good attributes, even the old reliable Mag has some attributes of its own. Call E-Mag and talk to them, speak to a Brad Dement, down to earth folks they are. Price per mag is about 1500 give or take, they are not cheap, but neither is their fit and finish, they are of very high quality. I have been in manufacturing for 40 plus years and these guys are second to none when it comes to fit and finish and tolerance quality. I will change out the other Mag and run dual electronic in time, the efficiency will go up again on my old lycasaurus. Check out your electronic options,it's worth it! Dan