Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Cbradley1967
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:48 pm 

I am very excited about the T-18/S-18 aircraft and would love to pull the trigger and buy a flying example. Other than seeing Don Taylor’s record setting T-18 hanging on the wall in the EAA museum, I can’t find anyone around me in the Midwest who has one that I can see and sit in to make sure I fit!

I have tried contacting several people off the ambassador list and from the owner map but I feel this info is very old. Some are no longer with us and many have sold their planes long ago.

I live in central Wisconsin and am certainly willing to drive to IL/IN/MN/MI in order to meet, talk Thorp and see an example. I have found some prospective sellers but they are long distance to me and I can’t proceed much farther if I’m not sure how I fit in there. I’m 6’1” and 250# with a 32” inseam, luckily my wife is only 130#!

If there is someone within reasonable driving distance that would like to show me their airplane and let me try in on, please reach out to me.

Thanks

Brad Ellenberger
920-203-7688
cbellenberger@yahoo.com

david read
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 pm 

I sent you an email, I am at KOLY in southeastern Illinois. I you can make it to our flyin June 2 there should be a few examples to check out. Anyone else is welcome too.