Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Rich Brazell
 Post subject: Re: KVIs Gathering 2016
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:32 pm 

Have they sprayed for Bo Weevil's ? ??? Nasty little critters ! :P

RB O0
SHAZAM

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:57 pm 

Got the last of em this morning, there were 2 left....Dan

Lou
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:46 pm 

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Profile Personal album  

campipilot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:34 am 

I will be there on arriving on saturday. I vote for lunch somewhere nice....like Truckee of course, where I'm coming from...beautiful flight and great restaurant, or somewhere nice in the sierra foothills north of visalia. How about a nice pretty flight to lunch....not quite Bakersfield eh?

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:30 am 

How about the CENTRAL CALIFORNIA WOMEN'S FACILITY for lunch ? ??? I think it is meat loaf Saturday ? :o

RB O0
BaBaLoo

Profile Personal album  

Scott
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:26 pm 

what time are we meeting up on Saturday? I am going to try to leave Redlands by 8:00 and put me up there about 9:30.

Lou
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:06 pm 

Slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets git ta sum flyin, pil-grum! Them Germans an't gonna wait all day ta die for us.

WAHA

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:21 am 

Hi Scott, I will be at the airport early Saturday morning so I will be there when you get there. The guys usually get to the airport at about 8:30 to 9;30 give or take, We will depart KVIS for our fly out sometime between 11 & 11-30 to go for lunch on Saturday. We have BBQ Scheduled for Saturday night at IRAs House. Those who come in on Friday will be hauled to a Grub and Grog on Friday evening (GRUB & GROG, sounds good huh Richard) for dinner. We are still discussing our fly out location and we have about 3 options we are looking at, I gotta feelinin that the location will be decided amunst the Crew on Friday night so here is my Cell number and home Phone for those who might think they will be a tad late getting to Kvis and want to meet up at our lunch location, you can call me Friday for Info. Cell 559- 805 -8122, Home 559-686-4588, Ira Cell 559 - 901- 6462, We should all have a great time, have some fun flyin and get way too much to eat , see you all this weekend and dont hesitate to call anytime, and, be safe. Dan

T18driver
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 pm 

22DU will be giving Young Eagle rides at KTSP Saturday morning for Girls in Aviation day. Maybe we could meet you at the flyout lunch L45 and do some formation and photos back to KVIS?!?

Phil & Erin

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:13 pm 

Back home , but not after the Santa Ana winds beat the frijoles out of me . Crossing into the Antelope Valley you could see mucho dust clouds a brewing on the desert floor . Light to Moderate all the way home from PMD . By 1100 the temp was already at 100 at KSEE and the wind was a howling out of the East . Due to my superior skills all 4 wheels made it onto the concrete and we called it a day . Thanks to ALL the KVIS gang for another superior Fly In !! WX was perfect and the flight to Columbia very enjoyable . I'll be posting the Sedona info. shortly .

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:36 pm 

Back home down and safe - another great gathering in Visalia. A great fly out adventure to an old mining town, some great flying and formation work/practice and an evening at Ira and Missy's like having dinner and drinks on a 5 star resort patio - Ira had his son on the BBQ and his daughter bringing us drinks - You guys sure know how to entertain. Dan's wife Gloria was there to greet us with refreshments and sandwiches on Friday while Dan, Ira and Dean chauffeured us around and kept us fed, quenched and happy. Thanks much guys - the KVIS host crowd is awesome!! I can't say enough about the hospitality at KVIS!!

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:52 pm 

It was a Good Gathering wasn't it! All thanks to Ira, Missy,Ira Jr. , Jenna and Jordan for the last evening Dinner, over the top guys, over the top. Thanks also to Deno for all the help and hauling folks around! Now then, to those who attended, You are appreciated, these Thorp Gatherings should happen as offen as possible they are a hoot. The Flyout,the meals,the conversation and such will be thought about and talked about for weeks. There were folks that come in on Saturday and had to leave Saturday evening, Kudos goes to Tony and Star,Phil and Aron, thanks guys, your stop ins made the weekend better yet. A new Face Curtiss Campi,welcome to the Thorp Family!! Vetran Phil Key showed up with another new face, I believe his name Was Phil also( I am bad with names)anyway, welcome to the new Folks! Cubes,Fraser,Rich and also Scott Jones is his new rig were amongst the crowd this weekend, Thanks to all who attended, You can best bet given the opertunity we will do this again next year.....Bless you all! Dan

dan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:38 pm 

How dence am I, our good fried Lou Jenkins also made it for Gathering this weekend also,thanks Lou, wouldn't of been right without Ya that's for sure.......Dan

James Grahn
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:42 pm 

I love the KVIS gathering. What a great bunch of folks. Thanks so much to Danny, Dean, and Ira and of course their better halfs for another great event. Awesome seeing new faces and especially the enthusiasm of young folks like Phil and Erin. You guys are bringing life back into this community.
Thanks
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:48 pm 

Was Lou there ?

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next