Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

shackwd
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:22 pm 

Lee, I was hoping you could further clarify the button use. Could save me a lot of headaches and time, making all the posts easier for everybody to read and understand. (Note - I did redo this post, I wanted to include a better Thank You to Lee, including the $25, haven't seen Lee asking for money in recent years, maybe more people will donate)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under the FAQ, I found the directions for using the site. Did you write the code for all of this, or did it come with the website? I read somewhere you're a Software Engineer. I do appreciate the great work you have done over the years, including the creation and maintenance of this site. My money is tight, but I did donate $25 this past Saturday, I know it's a small amount for all the great work you do.

Either way, I found the following info in quotes by selecting "FAQ" - "Posting Issues" - "How do I edit or delete a post?"

"How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own discretion. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied."

My questions are:

1) What are the time limits on the "Edit" button for a user's original and reply post? I noticed it disappeared on me, probably the reason I didn't see it before. It appeared I could log off and back on, but still edit my posts for a limited time. Although my original post had a time stamp on it when I edited it, my reply post didn't have a time stamp on it when I edited it.

2) What are the time limits on the "X Delete post" button for a user's original and reply post? Looks like I can always delete my original or reply post if no one has responded to it with a reply post. As above, you can't delete a post once someone has replied.
More Buttons:
"pm - send a private message" - that one seems clear
"profile" - assume for that user
"album" - assume for that user
"quote" - Reply with quote" not sure about that one
Thanks for all the help!
Shack

Profile Personal album  

shackwd
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:12 pm 

Lee, I got to thinking more. In my old job in the 80s and 90s, I used machine and assembly code. After that, I did some C and C++ in the late 90s. So unless you wrote the actual code, or have access to the source code, I assume in C or C++, or it's an option as a Website Admin, you might not have access to the time limit. If that's the case, it is what it is, a limited time.

Thanks,
Shack

Profile Personal album