Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Bill Williams
 Post subject: Sunderland Thorp Wing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:09 pm 
I have inherited a Thorp S-18 wing that was damage in a tornado. The center section appears not to have any damage, the outboard panels need some ribs, skins and a few parts. This wing has 16 gallon wing tanks. There are no flaps or airlerons.
I'm offering this wing to a serious builder free, all you have to do is come to Florida to get it. No, I will not crate, box, tape, strap, ship, don't ask. I will unlock the hanger for you.

Bill N30WW

dan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:20 am 

Bill, that is a generous offer!! any builder out there within a couple days driving distance would be crazy not to take you up on this. This would put a project a considerable amount of time ahead, and the cost savings could be great.....What do you think Rich, in the middle of your project and someone offers you a free wing! a folding one at that!! Shiver me timbers I would have been on that one for sure........and you know it can be fixed after all these wings are bolted to a tornado when they are finished anyway!! Good show Bill...Dan

nicky
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:24 am 

Bill I would like to have the wing for my S18.Be easier than starting from scratch.The extra fuel would be nice.Presently it has a 160 hp.I have a 180 I am going to put in it.If you can hold it for four weeks please give me a call at 803 389 7776.Will be happy to come and get it.I have a T18 retirement project and another 180 in a box I need to over haul that I can put my flying wing on.Will probably have to re skin the center section to fit the narrow fuselage.All I need to make is a fuel tank.The only other things I need are radios and instruments.
Nicky

Bill Williams
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 am 
I spoke with Nicky yesterday and he made the offer if another builder would like to have the wing to let them have it as he has two Thorp projects and was collecting parts for his projects.

Hagle347
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:28 pm 

The ideal place for this wing is mounted to the Fuselage that Cubes has hanging in his hangar. Somebody could really jumpstart their building project by starting with a fuselage and wing.

Profile Personal album