Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 pm 

Trying to get a feel for how many would be interested in the NAF El Centro Air Show for 2017 . It is slated for Saturday the 11th of March 2017 . Pretty sure it would entail flying in on a Friday to preposition . I still need to check on a time when you would be able to head back home , but most likely after the Blues perform at around 1500 (L) on that Saturday . If you are interested , email me directly . Still need to check on what paperwork you will need , but most likely aircraft insurance ?

Jon Levi did this Air Show one year and pretty sure the Navy provided billeting , transportation and food in addition to a free tank of gas . I need to contact the NAF El Centro folks probably next month , but by November for sure . If you Goggle NAF El Centro Air Show it will still have 2016 listed , but you can get a pretty good idea what will take place . Nice long runway and extra wide !

RB O0
CAPTAIN KAOS

rx115@cox.net
(H) 619-669-0583

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 pm 

I have received the paperwork for our T-18 static display at the 2017 NAF El Centro Air Show . Right now I have (2) aircraft signed up . Mine and Erin & Phil's . The actual air show will be on the 11th of March 2017 , which is a Saturday . If you would like to be part of the action PLEASE let me know ! :P The attendance form let's us set our own arrival and departure dates . I think it would be easier for all of us to arrive Friday NLT 1200(L) and leave Sat. afternoon after the Blues conclude their show which is usually the last event of the day ending around 1600 (L) . I really need to get this request back to Base Ops ASAP to they can schedule our billeting/transportation/fuel/ramp space , etc. Better to say yes now and I can always CNX you at a later date . ::) As we have a fairly small foot print I am pretty sure they can handle all the AC we throw at them . If you think you would like to attend I need you to send me the following...

1. N number of your aircraft.
2. Picture of your aircraft .
3. Number flying in and gender .
4. If you are a couple please state so , so I can request appropriate billeting .
5. Approx. number of gallons of fuel on arrival . If other than 100LL state so . If you require auto fuel that may be a problem ?
6. Number of passes for guests , if you have any attending .
7. Approx. arrival time Friday . Approx. departure time Saturday .

RB O0
BOOM , CHICKY BOOM !

(H) 619-669-0583
rx115@cox.net

Profile Personal album