Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bill Williams
 Post subject: Re: SOLD!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am 
EAA and other web sites will not change the information unless they have a statement from the company itself. Just think about it, you could call up EAA and say you own the T-18 business and you see the problem. I think it's time to move on, there is enough information on this web site to keep everyone out of trouble.

dickwolff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 am 

Jeff - if it's drawings you need, I have a full set of orphaned drawings you can have for the cost of shipping. If you haven't already been assigned a serial number, these will carry you through until you are able to buy your own set.

S/N 141 was built from these drawings, although I do not have the original letter from JT.

Dick Wolff
edwolff (at) bets (dot) com
1-519-386-5720

Problem Solved!

Profile Personal album  

Jeff J
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am 

Thanks for the offer Dick. Cubes arranged for me get drawings through him along with other parts I had need of.

As I stated earlier, my original intent was to prevent others from having to go through the same wild goose chase I did. Unless a new comer reads this thread first, they are still going to try to contact Eklund because he is the vendor and developing laser cut kits according to T18.net.

"The joke in aviation is, 'If you want to make a million, you'd better start with £10m.' " -Bruce Dickinson

Profile Personal album  

dickwolff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:15 am 

That's very noble of you, Jeff.

In the mean time, there are A LOT of bits and pieces one could spend their time on productively besides waiting for laser cut sheet metal parts.

D

Profile Personal album  

Jeff J
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:59 am 

Looking back at my earlier posts in this thread I do see that I did not clearly state my original intent. What I thought I had posted here is actually in private messages concerning the same topic where I pointed out that I thought it was wrong that news of the sale had to come from me instead being put on the front page of the website. The closest I came was probably in the second paragraph of my second post (the rant) in this thread. I apologize for the confusion this caused.

"The joke in aviation is, 'If you want to make a million, you'd better start with £10m.' " -Bruce Dickinson

Profile Personal album  

Steve Pierce
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm 

I am new here but run a website dealing with Short Wing Pipers. It took an act of Congress for me to get EAA to list our website in support of Short Wing Pipers. That being said I don't think they are the go to anymore. When I purchased my Thorp and wanted information I Googled it and found this website. Lots of great information here. I didn't find anyone at Sun & Fun but I had just bought the airplane and had not been here yet. I went to Oshkosh and attended the forum there and met several of you. Just some insight from an outsider.

stevehawley
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 pm 

Welcome to the group Steve. Where do you live?
Steve Hawley

Steve Pierce
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm 

Thanks, I live in Graham, Texas. About 60 miles south of Wichita Falls where three Thorps were built. I bought one of them from the original builder.

jrevens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm 

Steve Pierce wrote:
I am new here but run a website dealing with Short Wing Pipers. It took an act of Congress for me to get EAA to list our website in support of Short Wing Pipers. That being said I don't think they are the go to anymore. When I purchased my Thorp and wanted information I Googled it and found this website. Lots of great information here. I didn't find anyone at Sun & Fun but I had just bought the airplane and had not been here yet. I went to Oshkosh and attended the forum there and met several of you. Just some insight from an outsider.

It's good to see you are still around, Steve, although I guess I already knew that since I check out your Piper website periodically.

T-18 N71JE (sold)
Kitfox 7 SS N27JE

jrevens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:05 pm 

Steve Pierce wrote:

It's good to see you are still around, Steve, although I guess I already knew that since I check out your Piper website periodically.

T-18 N71JE (sold)
Kitfox 7 SS N27JE

1albee
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 am 

Steve, if you want short wings you have come to the right place !!! Thorp's wings are about as short as they come. I have rebuilt a few short wing Pipers and have used the old web site. The folks on the Thorp web site are very helpful and try to make an effort to provide information that is honest. Welcome and hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Phil
Thorp 118BC
Twin Comanche 7386Y

Profile Personal album  

Bill Williams
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 am 
When I first saw Steve's post I thought he was kidding, turns out we have two Thorp builders with the same name. One in Texas and an old builder in Rocket City, AL

jrevens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39 pm 

Bill Williams wrote:
When I first saw Steve's post I thought he was kidding, turns out we have two Thorp builders with the same name. One in Texas and an old builder in Rocket City, AL

Thanks for that, Bill! Makes sense now... I thought Steve was Steven Pierce in AL too.

Welcome, Steve! When I saw your posts on the Short Wing site I thought you were him. But no, you were you! :o

T-18 N71JE (sold)
Kitfox 7 SS N27JE

Binder
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:57 pm 

Steve Pierce wrote:
Thanks, I live in Graham, Texas. About 60 miles south of Wichita Falls where three Thorps were built. I bought one of them from the original builder.

welcome to the crew!

James Grahn
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:46 am 

Thanks for the offer/insight into Cubs. If you need anything for your Thorp, sing out.
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next