Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

James Grahn
 Post subject: Sale of TC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:12 pm 

In case you do not follow the T18 FB page, it has been announced that my wife and I have sold Thorp Central. We believe that the plane will be in very good hands.
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

flyingfool
 Post subject: Re: Sale of TC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:46 am 

I am sorry to hear this news. But happy that the aircraft is expected to continue to be supported by the new owner! I hope the new owner will introduce themselve(s) soon.

I am also happy for you and your wife as you move forward with this next phase of your life.

I want to thank you for your many years of support and all the work and effort you have dedicated to the thorp community! It has been invaluable for keeping this great aircraft alive and supported. “Thanks” simply is inadequate to describe the critical part you have provided to the history and continuation of the thorp design.

I hope you will continue to remain active here as your knowledge remains invaluable to the rest of the community.

Profile Personal album  

Ryan Allen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:15 am 

Thanks for all you did Cubes. You and your products were always outstanding. Enjoy the future!

Profile Personal album  

Thorp Aircraft
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:39 pm 

Pearson Aviation LLC has purchased the design and manufacturing rights to the Thorp S18 and will be doing business as Thorp Aircraft.

The kit manufacturing and support will be moving to the San Antonio, TX area over the next few weeks. Our intention is to move the plans into the Solidworks CAD design software, perform additional Finite Analysis on the design, and to create the necessary NC instructions to produce as much as the kit as possible using CNC equipment to speed delivery and ensure a consistent product.

I am open to any calls and emails to discuss the transition and future of the aircraft with the community. I can be reached at 210-365-3374 and at alex@thorpaircraft.com.

This is a great community of builders and owners of a truly great aircraft design. I look forward to our future together and the growth of the Thorp fleet. I did create a new Facebook group meant for the manufacturing of the aircraft, not at all as a replacement for the community Facebook group, titled Thorp Aircraft.

(210) 365-3374