Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

leewwalton
 Post subject: Newsletter 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Gentleman,

As many of you know Roy Farris has decided to step down as The T-18 MAS Newsletter editor after this year. Roy has been at this for ten years, it goes without saying he is more than deserving of our thanks, appreciation and many at-a-boys for a job well done!

With that being said we need to figure out what to do next, let me restate that, we need to figure out who wants to takeover for Roy. I think the general conscience is that we will continue the T-18 NL in some form, so let's not make this a "should we keep it or go to the web" discussion, but more of a "how do we upgrade to the times (i.e. web based content submission)" and who might possibly want to take over for Roy.

We have until the end of the year to figure this out so there's no rush. Off hand I have a couple of guys in mind that I think would be great successors (relax Highley/Williams you're off the hook).

Perhaps we can discuss this further at Oshkosh.

Any ideas folks?

KEFD

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

leewwalton
 Post subject: Newsletter 2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm happy to report that the fate of the T-18 Newsletter has been decided. Without going into too much detail there will be one more Newsletter published in 2010 by Roy Farris. This will be Roy's last hurrah in which, among other things, we will unveil the newsletter plan.

The short of it is, starting in 2011 the format will change. There WILL be a printed (or PDF if so desired) newsletter published quarterly, the information in the NL will NOT be a duplication of forum content and you will look forward to it arriving in your mailbox (or inbox if you prefer).

Thanks again to Bob Jaeger and Gary Green for the ideas which led to this solution, which I believe is the right direction.

KEFD

Last edited by admin on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album