Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

dan
 Post subject: Dec 7 1941
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm 

This day Dec 7 1941, We as Americans need to reflect back on this day as the day that will be rembered to be Imfamous. We had to rise up and over come and we as a nation did just that. lets remember the Boys and young ladies and the struggles they had to endure to protect our great nation. Dan

fytrplt
 Post subject: Re: Dec 7 1941
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 pm 

Good words, Dan. Question? Are we any more prepared today?

KLAL

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm 

You hardly hear about the day on the 6 o'clock News anymore . Today I was at the MCAS Miramar Exchange and a Mother and a little girl (I assume her Daughter) were outside the Exchange . The Mother asked me if I was a Veteran and I said yes . She said thank you and please remember the Pearl Harbor Survivors . The little girl then ran up to me and gave me a Hershey Kiss candy ! I almost lost it . :'(

My Father-in-Law just past away a few months ago at the age of 92 . He was a WW II tank driver serving under General Patton in Germany . There are only a few of these Brave men left from WW II . In a few more years they will all be gone . Are we anymore prepared ? I think so (not trying to turn the Thorp Forum into a Political Forum) , but the World is changing by the minute and we must keep our guard up to the maximum extent possible . I'll leave it at that and end my personal opinions . We can discuss it more at OSH during Happy hour !

V/R
RB

Profile Personal album  

Bill Williams
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 am 
I flew the Flag today and had two people ask why..........The history books have all but removed what our fathers and grandfathers did for us and this country,so don' expect the news to have much to say.

dan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 am 

I try as much as possible to pass along our history of who we are and the struggles that we have endured to secure the life that we live. I always keep the Veterans in the forefront of this teaching whether it be WW2 or any other conflict that we have been involved in. The fact remains we are here because of the boys that gave all,and the boys that made it home to tell us about it. I am proud of em all and will keep teaching till its my time to check out.........Dan