Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

dan
 Post subject: 575DG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 am 

Hello all, Gloria and myself have been discussing retirement, and in our discussions there are several things that have came up. It wont be much longer and I will throw in the towel on the corporate work that I have done for the past 43 years working as a Manufacturing Engineer. We will be leaving California in order for me to retire and also we will be putting 575DG ( EL GATO) up for sale as I plan to be a part of my youngest sons Business adventures to a degree. We cannot stay in Ca. as the living expenses will be no longer tolerable. The short of it, I have a very good S-18 that has served me very well and this is going to be tough, but I have to let it go therefore it is up for sale. For the particulars on the plane anyone interested can call me at 559-686-4588 after about 6:00 PM during the week. God Bless you all........Dan

Rich Brazell
 Post subject: Re: 575DG
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:37 pm 

Well Dan & Gloria , I was waiting for all your close friends to respond to the news that you are leaving the state and moving on to bluer skies . From the response so far all your close friends must have already left the state ! :o Hopefully you can work something out to keep "El Gato" and continue to bless us with your royal presence ! If you and Gloria ever need a place to hide from the law , Sil and I have plenty of room for you and all your weapons ! ::) Being close to the border I have connections to get you all the"papers" you need to avoid the Feds !

All kidding aside , you and Gloria have been great friends and I'll forever be in your debt for providing me with technical info to complete my AC . Hopefully someone can continue the KVIS tradition as it is a great fly in ! ;)

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

ljkrume
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 am 

Wow. What news! Can't believe you can give up the Thorp, however I do understand thinking about retirement. Best wishes for you and hope you find a grand new place. Stop in Albuquerque when you can and don't fall out of the circle.

Les & Linda

Profile Personal album  

bfinney
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:57 pm 

Dan,
I would wait to divest yourself of the airplane until you settle into a retirement abode, you might find that you can still afford to operate "EL GATO". I had the same worry if I would be able to keep the airplane. Diane and I have found since retiring and at least a 1/3 reduction in income that our bank account has been going up faster now than when we were working. Find yourself a nice airpark in a low cost of living area and live the "dream" with your airplane, it cuts out the hangar expense. Just a data point for you to consider.

N18JF T-18C #262
Yelm, WA USA

Profile Personal album