Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Pacer 20
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:53 pm 

Rich Brazell wrote:
I went with the Westach fuel gauge and the matched capacitance sender . This type of sender will allow you to adjust the level using pot screws on top of the sender (assuming you has an access plate on top ) . I calibrated the sender out of the AC and then fine tuned it with it in the AC . Gauge is accurate to within about 1/2 gallon . :o Very happy with it . ;)

RB O:-)

Do you have the part number of the gage? I just go on aircraftspruce and I found lot of different Westach gauge :-\

C-FPVE #091

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:21 pm 

Westach P/N 2A7V . Page 502 in my 2013-2014 catalog .

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

denndowning
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm 

I need to replace my fuel sender and just came across these older posts. Can you tell me the part of the Westech capacative fuel sender you used.

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:06 pm 

Went back thru my vast filing system and found my receipts from day one when I started building . :o Came across my Spruce receipt dated 08/27/04 and it shows a Spruce P/N 10-00799 , Westach P/N 395-5S-1 . Sender was for my Westach 2A7V fuel gauge . It appears the P/N I have may have been replaced with a new part number ? ??? Call Westach and see what they have to replace my P/N . ::) BOOM !

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

SHIPCHIEF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:49 pm 

I went thru this process when I got 'Feisty'. Although the original sender has been working better sense I started flying it after a 9 year nap.
The old forum led me to a (says on the box) "Stewart Warner Thick Film Fuel Level Sender - Lasts up to 15 times longer than senders with wire wound resistors - 391B-F - Float Tank Unit"
I just have not installed it yet.
I also got the Fergelli 100:1 linear actuator for an aileron trim tab I haven't installed yet.
However, I did work with Gary Jacobsen today, making rib tooling. Today we made 2 main ribs for outer wing panels. pretty soon we (really Gary) will be able to bang out new T-18 ribs, as he is making a form for each rib configuration. He is upgrading a T-18 wing, including the center section. I am repairing an outer panel. Right now, it takes about 2 hours to make a rib, but with the tooling done, I was able to pound out a good straight rib in about 30 minutes.
Gary doesn't post here, so I'm taking liberties describing his progress. Hope you don't mind Gary.