Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

smokyray
 Post subject: Lunch with Bob
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 am 

Guys, I am a new member to the forum but a longtime T18 fan. My Dad and I annualed the legendary 4 place "stretched" T18 for many years and I flew it occasionally. Even after building 2 RVs, flying Fighters for 25 years and other stuff I am a huge fan of John T"s masterpiece. This led to helping a longtime friend buy Lees gorgeous airplane meeting Lee and finally having lunch with Bob H. Ive known Cubes and Spanky a long time and look forward to the next get together.

I'm looking for a nice T18 project...:)

Thanks!
Smokey

James Grahn
 Post subject: Re: Lunch with Bob
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm 

Bout time you got off your butt and threw your hat in the ring. Welcome. It's a great community - like I've been telling you for years. Congrats to Homey. Are you back from Alaska yet?

Profile Personal album  

leewwalton
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

OK guys ... I guess the cat's out of the bag now ... was hoping on breaking the news myself but o well.

My airplane has been sold to Dave Holmgren of Salt Lake City, UT she's still in my hangar in Houston until mid-august. Selling that airplane was not something I wanted to do, but rather had to do. I have another Thorp well on the way and Wendell Green's airplane to fly in the meantime, so other than getting used to a different N-number, not much else will change.

KEFD

Profile Personal album  

Bill Williams
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 pm 
Some people have all the luck....have one to sell, one to work on and one to FLY!
When comparing Thorps, it's like comparing Big Macs. They are all great, I just like my CS 0-360 Thorp as you guys know it hauls a lot of loot.

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm 

I'll let Homey toot his own horn when he gets on here, but suffice to say, he's a good egg and a good stick - Homey and I live about a mile from each other and he contacted me from the forum and we went up in 926WM early on July 4th and he got hooked. We will now have two T-18s in my hangar at U42.

All this on a thread titled "Lunch With Bob"......Good thing it wasn't titled "A Weekend At Bernie's"

Bill....."Big Macs"?.....REALLY?!?!........Perhaps more like comparing a "Low Country Boil", or as a pre-nuptial girlfriend used to say, comparing tender loins.

Profile Personal album  

majurpain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm 

My first post. I'm still in Anchorage with the Super Chipmunk. Ferried it up from SGJ. 33.5 hrs and my second trip up the Alaska Highway. Gorgeous.
Thanks to Lee, and to Smoky for helping me get this awesome T-18. It's driving me crazy to not have it in the hangar at home with Fraser and 926WM... Good things come to those who wait, I guess, but I'm tired of waiting. Hope to be flying it and getting to know it real soon. Thanks for the welcome, gents...