Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Ryan Allen
 Post subject: Re: Aux Fuel Tank
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:42 pm 

I was just looking at 12 gallon aux fuel tanks just like this at summit racing this morning. Your is better than theirs, because theirs have the outlet at the bottom of the tank, and yours is on top of the tank. what pump are you using with this tank?

Profile Personal album  

SHIPCHIEF
 Post subject: Re: Aux Fuel Tank
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:20 am 

Ryan;
The Summitracing web page search feature lists Fuel Cell tanks with a sump and pickups on the bottom as Drag or Pro Street tanks, the flat bottom tanks with pickup and vent from the top are called Circle Track tanks.
I selected the tank because it has a flat bottom and was small enough to fit with at least 1 inch to the side skin. There are other choices that 'might' fit, but still 8 gallons: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-290106/overview/ That back corner might be tight. The taller RJS tank will have a slightly forward CG compared.
I installed a Brass 3 way valve when I upgraded the stuck fuel tank valve, The Main Tank and Auxiliary tank both go to this valve. The Boost pump and Lycoming mechanical fuel pump draw from this valve.
I got a Facet 40108 'Cube' electric fuel pump (6psi), intending to transfer fuel directly into the top of the main tank. This pump weighs just over 1 pound, so I decided to leave it out for now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8