Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm 

SEDONA , AZ SPRING 2015 FLY IN

Date : 17, 18 and 19th of April 2015 .

1. I had a block of 10 Garden King Rooms reserved at the Sedona Sky Ranch Lodge . Walking distance from the ramp or they will pick us up at the AC . There are now 8 left . If we need more rooms I will try and get the Garden Rooms . If not there are two other levels of rooms at the Lodge , each for about $20.00 more a nite . When you call to reserve a room mention you are with the Thorp T-18 group . The 8 rooms left are reserved for 30 days from 17 April . There is a 48 hour CNX policy . 1-888-708-6400 . If you have a problem talk to Nilah Norman at the Lodge . You can also make a room reservation in town , but most that I checked into were close to double the Lodge . April is a peak Season due to the mild temps and clear skies .

2. Complete info about the airport , Lodge , Mesa Grill are at Sedonaairport.org The Lodge and Grill are right on the airport .

Here is the plan for Friday , Saturday and Sunday...

1. Friday . I have been working with Fred Shinn the Fly In Coordinator and he will provide a place for us to tie down at 1/2 the regular price per nite , also a 30 cent per gallon discount on fuel . Car rentals are also on the field should you want one .
If Ken Knowles can make it Friday we plan to have a light lunch at the Grill , followed by some cold soda pop by the aircraft . Check into the Lodge , clean up...that may take a while for some . Attend happy hour at the Grill around Sunset and then Dinner for those that care to eat . Taps at your discretion .

2. Saturday. On your own for breakfast . The Lodge has a van that will take us down the hill into town . Once there the town has a shuttle bus that makes a loop around the business district and you can plan your own afternoon in town . Back at the AC should we care for more soda pop and then I am looking into a 1.5 hour Pink Jeep Tour of the Coyote Canyons around sunset . They will pick us up at the Lodge . Check them out on the airport site . After the tour , back to the Lodge for some more clean up to get the trail dust off and then to sunset happy hour and the amazing views from the restaurant ! A group dinner to follow around 1900 ? Need to find out when the tour returns ?

3. Sunday . Sleep late ? On your own for Breakfast . RTB at your own pace .

Questions ?

RB

rx115@cox.net
(H) (619) 669-0583

Profile Personal album