Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

fbeeman
 Post subject: Deburring tool
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:32 pm 

Perhaps some of you may have already seen this nifty little tool, but for those that haven't heard of it, here goes.
I have been deburring the 1/8th holes, mostly with a 3/8 drill with an old file handle attached. After doing the outboard wing skins, it took days for my hands to quit hurting. During the healing process, I searched the internet for a better way, and found this, the E-Z Burr. I ordered mine from Missouri Tools, Ph 636-343-4545. You can look at it on website: http://www.ezburr.com/products/pdf/dove ... _specs.pdf. I ordered the HSS model, graphite, ECL 0125-02. There is a Carbide model, but they advised me against using this on aluminum.
The blade tension is adjustable. I experimented quite a while before using mine on the project. It will make your holes slightly bigger if the setting is too tight. Doesn't take much pressure. So far, I have used it on about 200 holes, and it works great. Can't stress practicing with it too much though before attacking your project with it. I like it, but you do have to get the setting right.
They are a little pricey. I paid $69.00 plus another $12.00 for a spare blade (LIB-02).

Attachments:
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG [ 2.23 MiB | Viewed 4542 times ]
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG [ 2.37 MiB | Viewed 4542 times ]

Rich Brazell
 Post subject: Re: Deburring tool
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 pm 

Great little tool. I used it also. They have them on E-Bay. I think I got my from Brown Tools ? Keep the little blade "lubed" to keep it from sticking. It does save a lot of time deburring both sides of the part at the same time !

RB

Profile Personal album