Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

bcabebe
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:18 pm 

Does anyone have a suggestion, or an example, for an aircraft logbook entry for an owner installed GDL 82 with GPS?

I installed a GDL 82 between my existing transponder and the transponder antenna, per the Garmin installation instructions. I also installed the included GPS antenna and connected it to the GDL 82. I then conducted a flight and got a report from the FAA that showed everything working correctly.

I just need to calculate the change to the weight and balance and add aircraft logbook entries.

Do I need to write anything special in the logbook entry? I do see the FAA guidance about having the statement about system meeting the requirements of 14 CFR 91.227. Anything else needed?

Profile Personal album  

Heat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:47 pm 

If you're an A&P working on your experimental, the install is legal. If not, you'll need an A&P to sign it off. Reading 14 CFR 91.413 and Part 43 Appendix F you should have it tested if 91.225 applies, or will apply, to your operations. Although you've accomplished a successful Public ADS-B Performance Report, those results don't satisfy 91.413.

To your question for the logbook entry, Part 43.9 has the info. An entry/sticker for the Transponder check from your avionics guru under that should seal the deal.

Heat