Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 pm 

Just got a msg from the folks at i FLY GPS stating that UAvionix will now offer a rebate for the experimental crowd . :o You can check out the particulars at the i FLY site or the UAvionics site . Basically it must be a unit bought from a retailer (not garage sales or Bob your neighbor) , proof of purchase , a pic or two of the install , a copy of the FAA flight check paperwork and probably something else I forgot !! $100-$150 depending on the type of unit installed . This is not an FAA rebate , but a rebate directly from UAvionics . :P That is all . ;)

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Ryan Allen
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 pm 

I got excited there for a minute thinking my echoUAT may be retroactively included, but here's a few of the details...

uAvionix Experimental ADS-B rebate offer valid on purchases of qualifying products:
echoUAT+SKYFYX GPS bundle
echoUAT+SKYFYX EXT GPS bundle
tailBeacon EXP
Purchase of qualifying product must be made between Sept 15, 2018 and Nov 15, 2018. $1,200 minimum purchase required.......

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 pm 

Did you think it was going to be easy ! ::) Spend a few hours a day picking up aluminum cans and you will have way more than either the FAA or UAvionic rebate . :o Did you know we only get $255 dollars from the government to help bury our sorry rear ends ! C:-)

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

dondday
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 am 

Hello Thorpieā€™s,

Question on ADS B that has scrambled my mind. Have a skyBeacon on my wing and flown several times and seems it keeps failing by way of report where it displays a couple of small glitches regarding ID reporting.

Spoke with Bryan of FAA and said he spoke with uAvionics about it and had to send unit back for update on the GPS circuitry. Sent back, installed and still have an issue.. waiting to hear from FAA tech group in Washington, but believe will not get answer until federal workers are back at their desk..

My question: uAvionic skyBeacon and echo, both transmit on 978 or whatever it is and not 1090. The entire world will be using the 1090, so why did the US decide to use one not good for international systems?

Profile Personal album  

fytrplt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 pm 

I've been told it is a bandwidth issue. The US is the most dense air traffic airspace in the world. And the coming drone requirements and you will run out of bandwidth.

KLAL

Profile Personal album