Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society
Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society
Home | | Active Topics | ThorpList Format | Photo Album | View Photos by Member | File Library | Members | Member Map | Active Thorps Map | Search

NOTE: This site is no longer in use and is operating for reference only.
The Thorp community is now supported at the "Thorp Forum".

All Forums
 Other Stuff
 Miscellaneous
 DG
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich Brazell

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  19:46:54  Show Profile
When you say constantly...how often is that ? I would have to dig out my PP books, but I believe the vacuum units will drift about every 15 minutes ? I have an elect. DG and have not flown with it yet, so I do not know what drift rate is. As far as the AP and a DG, they should be two separate beasts. If you have the old steam powered gauges there should not be any interconnnect of the two....I said should. An EFIS set-up will usually couple the two.

Are there any avionics manuals that came with the A/C ? They should be able to shed some light on your electrical/avionics layout.

The DG can be overhauled (unless it has totally poop on itself), but like with any other avionics or instruments, the cost to overhaul may be almost equal to a "new" unit...in some cases. You have to factor in the age of the unit and the fact that most avionic shops might charge you several hundred dollars just to "crack open" the case to peek inside.

RB

Edited by - Rich Brazell on 06/20/2010 19:55:54

joe wengerd

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  20:02:06  Show Profile
honestly i cant say, but it seems every time ive looked i need to correct it. the 2.5 hrs ive been solo have been a big smiley face, next flight i will watch it more closely and with timeing device.
joe
Go to Top of Page

joe wengerd

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  20:08:16  Show Profile
AP is coupled to 296,im not familiar with either one.there is instructor in great falls who is.maybe it all works just fine,thanks rich
joe
Go to Top of Page

Rich Brazell

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  21:03:02  Show Profile
296 ? Is that a GPS ?
Go to Top of Page

Rich Brazell

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  21:05:33  Show Profile
You may want to look to see what vacuum you are pulling ? Surely (don't call me Surely), it must have a panel mounted vacuum gauge.

RB

Edited by - Rich Brazell on 06/21/2010 06:01:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society © 2011 T18.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000