Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society
Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society
Home | | Active Topics | ThorpList Format | Photo Album | View Photos by Member | File Library | Members | Member Map | Active Thorps Map | Search

NOTE: This site is no longer in use and is operating for reference only.
The Thorp community is now supported at the "Thorp Forum".

All Forums
 Our Suppliers
 Classic Sport Aircraft
 Thorp T-18/S-18 Plans Question?
Author  Topic   

shovelguy79

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:26:24  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the plans and what format they are in (size, CAD etc.)? Are they very clear and easy to follow? I purchased some Acroduster plans and they were very hard to follow and in some places hard to read due to printing quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Love the Thorp.

WWW.INFOWARS.COM

n/a

5 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:35:08  Show Profile
John Thorps Plans are second to none. They are full size when possible and scaled when necessary. The plans were drawn in the 60's so they are actual "blue prints", a full size table to lay out the drawings on is a good idea. If you're not used to reading enginnering drawings you will need to take a quick crash course reading dimensions etc. but they are not your typical homebuilt "instructions" that keep you guessing. He was an aeronautical engineer by trade, the drawings reflect that.
Go to Top of Page

shovelguy79

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  09:35:13  Show Profile
That gives me a lot of confidence and hope when it comes to actually building a Thorp. Since I have never constructed an aircraft guessing or second guessing myself seemed a bit scary. Thank you very much for your reply and information.

WWW.INFOWARS.COM
Go to Top of Page

Rich Brazell

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  23:16:52  Show Profile
When I had a problem trying to decifer a drawing, a look at an actual A/C and that particular section cleared up the confusion. If no A/C was available, then there were plenty of folks on the list that would send pics of that area.

RB
NX115RX
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
Jump To:
Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society © 2011 T18.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000